Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer fun

Where did August go? We have had such a great summer, but August was one crazy month. Lee started his new job by leaving for Kentucky for three weeks for training, and I was left home with a two and a half year old and a five week old baby. I would not have made it through those weeks with out my parents, Lee's sister staying with me for a few days and wonderful neighbors to help me out. Two days after he got home Lee was able to give Claire a beautiful blessing and had many family members come and support us.

Cousins~ Vince, Charlie, Kate and Claire
4 generations
My cute family

Wilson family
After we got the blessing over  our next project was packing, packing and more packing.  We did take a weekend break and went to Park City for a reunion and also headed to the Cache County fair.


I love corn on the cob!
Claire is getting so big, she is three months old now and i love this stage. she is such a happy, good baby.  She smiles all the time.  At her last check up she was in the 95th percentile for her height and weight, She is a growing girl. And so stinking cute.

We are now pretty much settled in Pocatello and starting to get into a routine.  Life is much different that it has been for the last few years, I retired from my job, and now am a stay at home mom and loving every minute of it(well to be honest there are some minutes that I do not love) and Lee is loving his new job.  He gets to work out of the home which is quite the change from working 60 hours a week and sleeping very little.  He is loving being home with his girls.  Last week we went to the East Idaho State Fair and had so much fun,  we spent a small fortune but had a great day.
I dont now who was having more fun feeding the baby goats: Lee or Kate



Check out those horns.

Claire loved the fair too.
 The other day Kate upstairs and told me that I needed to come see her fish.  I didnt pay too much attention to it, until I went downstairs and found this:
I may be partial but I think that is fascinating.  She must be gifted:)
Kate loves her new house and is making friends with some of the neighbor kids.  We also started potty training again~please pray for us.
Life is great here  in Idaho.

5 comments:

Kate and Wiley said...

You guys look great!! What sweet little girls you have!

Unknown said...

okay I love love love to ready your blog!! it's so fun, your cute family!! I wish you the best of lucky with potty training, but I'm more worried about when they turn 16, cause they are sooo stinkn' cute!! And I might add that fish is pretty smart. good job!

Avree said...

Ahhhh we miss you guys! We went over and met your renters last Saturday and Spencer walked over and scowled at them the whole time. I think he thought it was their fault that Kate was gone. I'm happy for you though that things are going well and that Lee is liking his new job. Come visit soon!!!

Shell said...

Em, sounds like a crazy summer! So crazy that you are an Idahoan! I didn't think that would ever happen. ;-) You have a darling family and Claire is GORGEOUS! You make cute girls. Good luck with the potty training...we are home free (with an occasional poo fright) on that one and I couldn't feel one bit better! I will seriously pray for you on that one and give you my one tip: EXTREME bribery. That is the only thing that worked for us. :) Hope all is well and hope you keep up on your bloggety blog!

Maya said...

I am so glad you are happy in ID. I hope everything with Lee's job goes well. Finally got to quit the sleep lab! Hooray! And not looking back!!!
We love you guys!