Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shots ahhhh!!

I took Kate to her two month check up. Here is the update: she is now 11 pounds 8 ounces and is now 24 inches long. The doctor said that she is doing great and will definitely going to be tall ( which Lee and I are very happy about). Kate was born with a little mark on one of her fingers on her left hand, the doctor says it is a strawberry mimanginoma ( I know I totally butchered the spelling) but it is just a spot where the red blood cells have raised to the skin surface and it will gradually fade over time.
The worst part was that she had to get three shots. I was so nervous, no parent wants to see their child in pain, but I believe in immunizations. As expected she screamed, the kind of cry where her face turns red and she doesn't breath. I hated it. I took her a good few minutes to calm down. She was a little crabby the rest of the day, thank goodness for children's Tylenol. But she is growing like a weed. And getting cuter by the minute.
PS. can you believe this is the second post in two weeks. I know! I am getting better at this.

2 comments:

Andy and Michelle said...

Em, she is so stinkin cute!!! Andy wants to see her in person. We need to get together sometime. i miss hanging with you guys.

Natalie said...

Oh, I remember this! I was so traumatized after Sadie's first shots (yes, even more than she was!) Luckily it gets better. Trust me. :)